This year Europatat is celebrating its 70th Anniversary. Seventy years after its creation in Paris, our association is more active than ever. To mark this important milestone, we look forward to welcoming you all in Dublin in May 2022!
Happy Birthday to Europatat – 70 years young this year! And where better place than Dublin to mark this special occasion!
There are not too many international organisations that have been around for 70 years and during this period Europatat has seen many significant changes in the industry. It is a great tribute to Europatat that not only is it still with us, but is now stronger and more relevant than ever.
“Congratulations to Europatat for it’s 70th anniversary. It’s been an honour to contribute to this history, which is looking at a challenging future today. I am sure that the linking of the Europatat Congress to the 11th World Potato Congress in Dublin will mark this start of a bright future of this wonderful sector. See you in Dublin soon!”
In order to create a meeting for all potato professionals on the edge of a new potato season, Europatat organises its Congress every year in a different European location. This rotation enables all potato traders to host the congress in their country, which allows them to present the activities of Europatat to their national potato chain and authorities. On the other hand all countries have the opportunity to present their national sector and to focus on their items of interest during the Congress’ workshop.
The next Europatat Congress will take place on 29 and 30 May 2022 in Dublin, Ireland, within the framework of the World Potato Congress. Don’t miss it!
Previous editions took place in:
- 2003 – Oostende (Belgium)
- 2004 – Vienna (Austria)
- 2005 – Killarney (Ireland)
- 2006 – Copenhagen (Denmark)
- 2007 – Bratislava (Slovak Republic)
- 2008 – Berne (Switzerland)
- 2009 – Angers (France)
- 2010 – Edinburgh (United Kingdom)
- 2011 – Taormina (Italy)
- 2012 – The Hague (Netherlands)
- 2013 – Karlovy Vary (Czech Republic)
- 2014 – Brussels (Belgium)
- 2015 – Düsseldorf (Germany)
- 2016 – Brussels (Belgium)
- 2017 – Antwerp (Belgium)
- 2018 – Brussels (Belgium)
- 2019 – Oslo (Norway)
- 2020 – Brussels (Belgium) – Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the 2020 Europatat Congress was cancelled
- 2021 – Virtual edition