The Europatat Congress has become a key date for the potato sector in Europe, and next year edition will be held in combination with the World Potato Congress thus creating a week-long programme of activities in Dublin dedicated only to the potato!
On 13 June, the European potato community gathered in Oslo, Norway, for the Europatat Congress
2019. Under the slogan “The timeless potato: A dynamic and innovative food”, the annual event organised by Europatat, the European Potato Trade Association, and NFGF, the Norwegian Association of Fruit and Vegetable wholesalers, focused on the many assets of the sector in innovation, sustainability and circular economy.
Key speakers from both the business and the Norwegian public authorities shared with the audience their insights on the potential for innovation within the sector now and into the future as well as Norway’s special trade relations with the EU.
Find here below their presentations:
- Arne Ivar Sletnes, Head of International Affairs Norwegian Agricultural Cooperatives
- Ingeborg Flones, CEO HOFF SA
- Åsmund Bjertnæs, CEO Bjertnæs & Hoel
- Anita Krohn, Norwegian business executive & former CEO Innovation Norway
- Borghild Glorvigen, Project Manager Norwegian Potato Forum