The Europatat Congress has become a key date for the potato sector in Europe, and next year edition will be held in combination with the World Potato Congress thus creating a week-long programme of activities in Dublin dedicated only to the potato!
In order to create a meeting for all potato professionals on the edge of a new potato season, Europatat organises its Congress every year in a different European location. This rotation enables all potato traders to host the congress in their country, which allows them to present the activities of Europatat to their national potato chain and authorities. On the other hand all countries have the opportunity to present their national sector and to focus on their items of interest during the Congress’ workshop.
The next edition of the Europatat Congress will take place on 30 and 31 May 2021 in Dublin, ireland.
Previous editions took place in:
- 2003 – Oostende (Belgium)
- 2004 – Vienna (Austria)
- 2005 – Killarney (Ireland)
- 2006 – Copenhagen (Denmark)
- 2007 – Bratislava (Slovak Republic)
- 2008 – Berne (Switzerland)
- 2009 – Angers (France)
- 2010 – Edinburgh (United Kingdom)
- 2011 – Taormina (Italy)
- 2012 – The Hague (Netherlands)
- 2013 – Karlovy Vary (Czech Republic)
- 2014 – Brussels (Belgium)
- 2015 – Düsseldorf (Germany)
- 2016 – Brussels (Belgium)
- 2017 – Antwerp (Belgium)
- 2018 – Brussels (Belgium)
- 2019 – Oslo (Norway)
- 2020 – Brussels (Belgium) – Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the 2020 Europatat Congress was cancelled